Sunday, July 8, 2012

Basic Tools

Here are the most important tools I have in my college kitchen: (ps: pictures are not mine. I'm working on replacing them with my own soon)



  • Pots - Pots come in all shapes and sizes. Having a variety of sizes and shapes is very helpful in creating whatever you need to eat in college.






  • Pans -  Pans also come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They are useful for everything from eggs to sauces to frying to just warming a tortilla.



  • Wooden Spoons - My main tool for stirring pretty much anything. I know that all of the different shapes have different uses, but I pretty much use them interchangeably.





  • Spatula - I mostly use this for fried eggs, because my flipping skills leave much to be desired. Also important if you want to make pancakes!





  • Cookie Sheets - Used for cookies, meatloaf, garlic bread, croutons, and anything else that I feel like baking. Mostly cookies though.




  • Microwave - Cooks everything! Not the ideal method for many things, but very convenient.




  • Colander - Also called a strainer, this is very important to have in a college apartment. Trying to drain pasta without one is no fun and almost always ends in a mess.




  • Measuring Cups/spoons - A must for pretty much any recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment